Your application MUST include a covering letter which must confirm you have the attributes required.
Role Function and Purpose
The Sales and Marketing Assistant is required to maintain strong relations with an established portfolio of accounts and support the leadership team with continued improvement of the organisations Customer Service and Sales. You will need to maintain and build long-term relationships with a portfolio of customers. Ensuring careful/accurate management of multiple administration systems/processes as well as communication with customers and relevant internal departments.
You will need to be proactive and manage your customer portfolio, you will need to support, help and attend events across London and surrounding counties. This will include some weekends and evenings. You will also be asked to be involved with sales and marketing support and ideas. You will need to have experience with Social Media and Marketing.
You will be responsible for social media channels, you should have a strong social media background for scheduling and content uploading, including researching social media strategy and industry trends to implement changes for potential growth, uploading approved social media images, posts and videos accordingly. As part of the Sales Team you will form part of the Marketing planning group. You will need to provide us with creative ideas to help achieve our goals, and contribute in developing and implementing marketing strategies in this role; you will collaborate closely with the Senior Leadership team
- You must have a solid track record of managing a portfolio of customers.
- You must have a car and be willing schedule regular visits to customers according to KPIs and work evenings and weekends when required.
- Social Media experience, implementing and scheduling regular social media posts
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the clients hire contracts, co-ordinating contract information from customer, negotiation new pricing, maintain records, and meet annually to discuss requirements with contact person. Work closely with operational team in regards to stock. Visit on quarterly basis to ensure the contract is running well, discuss any issues with the operational team and update systems when required
- Manage a varied range of high profile customers and valuable contacts
- Assist the Sales Office Manager and New Business Executive
- Attend weekly meeting with Customer Service Team Leader and Sales Office Manager to deal with any issues and look for ways to resolve any issues in a timely manner
- Provide support to Sales Office Manager for Christmas Period, attending meetings, inputting orders, updating delivery schedules and managing customers requirements and ensuring invoiced on time, and losses discussed, acting as point of contact in absence of Sales Office Manager
- Maintain regular contact with customer’s by phone and email and updating the CRM with all relevant communication
- Collect any information provided by customer and raise concerns to Sales Office Manager
- Manage missing/damaged reports, effectively communicating with department managers to resolve issues; this will involve liaising with the customer and dealing with any issues, managing the customer’s feedback and working with relevant departments to resolve issues. Must be efficient in keeping accurate notes using TSS and keeping the returns team up to date.
- Follow up any invoicing issues and liaising with the customer and accounts department escalating any issues to Sales Office Manager
- Achieve KPIs (Key Performance Indicator’s) to meet business goals and objectives
- Forecast and track current customer portfolio activity and run reports
- Identify opportunities to grow business with existing client
- Schedule and upload for social media, including researching social media strategy and industry trends to implement changes for potential growth, uploading approved social media images, posts and videos accordingly.
- Must collaborate with Sales Office Manager to reach prospective clients to generate sales including upselling
- Keep records of client communication using CRM to ensure consistent communications and update regularly as per KPI
- Visit customers and create a schedule of visits to ensure they are attended to regularly in line with KPIs (at least 10 visits per week)
- Review historical turnover from reporting system and look at ways to improve turnover and increase sales
- Form part of the on-call out of hours rota including weekends and evenings and bank holidays
- Any other duties delegated by the Sales Office Manager or Directors
We need someone who is upbeat, engaging and have a strong attention to detail and passion to succeed.
- Professional and proactive in written and spoken communications
- Superb communication skills with the ability to build rapport and relationships with all levels, including colleagues, managers and Directors
- Demonstrable skill in handling high level of customer requests and integrating interdepartmentally
- Be an effective and cooperative team player
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Calm and polite manner
- Enthusiastic, driven, focused
- Works proactively, strategically and efficiently to meet all deadlines
- Strong work ethic
- Passion for excellent customer service
- Multi-tasking with the ability to prioritise
- Ability to travel to customers using own vehicle or public transport
- Be able to work weekends and evenings when required to cover customer visits, conferences/event
- Be part of the on call out of office on call team (includes weekends and evenings
- Ability to produce reports effectively if required
- Flexible to desire and to continually improve performance and learn
- Have previous experience working within an account manager/sales and marketing role
- 3 - 5 years’ client facing role in either business development, account management
- Proven work experience of achieving KPIs
- IT literate
- Enjoy working in a small close-knit team
- Car Owner
Salary £25k plus commission
Please send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org