Estate Services Officer (Permanent Role)
Please contact Uptown Appointments if you have the relevant skills and experience.
Probation Period: Six Months.
Conditions of Appointment
Subject to receipt of satisfactory references, medical clearance, Disclosure Barring Service check.
To ensure a clean, safe and welcoming environment for residents, members, service users and visitors to the Centre. To provide a repair and maintenance service in order to keep the various buildings and grounds to the highest standard for the residents, members, users and staff, whilst minimising the need for external contractors.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Undertake a range of maintenance and repair duties, and cleaning tasks to ensure the smooth running of the Centre buildings and completing the daily checklist.
- Undertake regular checks of the premises (internal and external), undertaking tasks which include but not restricted to include water checks, fire escape routes, lighting, small electrics (where applicable), and plumbing. Reporting to the Estates Services Supervisor where more major maintenance or repairs are required.
- Undertake heavy duty cleaning, which may involve high level cleaning tasks, clearing rubbish and leaves from flat roof areas,
- Assist with deliveries and heavier lifting tasks.
- Undertake maintenance duties, including tasks such as changing light bulbs, painting, making safe where damage has been done, clearing drains, changing locks, lifting and laying floor coverings.
- Undertake repair items listed in the maintenance log book.
- Undertake emergency repairs; making safe plumbing, electric, glazing or other items and/or areas until a specialist contractor can attend.
- Assist contractors with information on, or with access to, the premises.
- Assist with deliveries and internal furniture removals, setting up rooms for conference or programme activity use and tidying away, and other heavier listing tasks.
- Undertake duties and tasks listed in the Centre’s Pre-Planned Maintenance Schedule.
- Assist with health and safety checks of the premises.
- Undertake all duties with regard to the Association’s Equal Opportunities and Diversity Policy and other policies and procedures adopted by the Association.
- Undertake other appropriate duties and training as requested by line managers.