Camden Council – 3 months with a view to be extended.
The client has asked for a covering letter so please include a covering letter confirming you have the below skills experience. Including Excel, SharePoint, One Note and Lync/Skype.
CVS with no covering letters will not be considered.
Providing a range of traditional PA support to Directors and Assistant Directors ensuring the professional and efficient functioning of their offices.
To manage a busy schedule through effective diary management, proactively ensuring the best use of time for the senior officer(s) that you support; using knowledge and judgement to help the organisation achieve its priorities.
- Provide high level support in the management of correspondence, including extensive inbox management, freeing up senior officer(s) time and ensuring capacity.
- Provide support to Directors and Assistant Directors to ensure that they are able to benefit effectively from the use of new technology and changes in ways of working.
- Proactively look ahead to ensure effective forward planning enabling Directorate Management teams to plan for and meet strategic objectives.
- Represent and communicate on behalf of senior officers, being the main point of contact for enquiries from internal and external stakeholders ensuring a high level of customer service is delivered.
- Ability to use a high level of judgement and knowledge to highlight issues in a timely manner to the senior officer(s) that you support.
Essential skills and experience
- Ability to communicate with confidence at high level discussions with a range of both internal and external senior people including elected Councillors understanding the bigger picture.
- To have an eye for detail and the ability to proof read reports and format them into professional documents.
- Excellent practical application of IT systems and software packages, including calendars and booking meetings, spreadsheets, databases and presentation programmes. Experience of MS Office; including Excel, SharePoint, One Note and Lync/Skype.
- Ability to work on own initiative, and to plan and prioritise work to manage conflicting priorities, meet delivery deadlines, targets and agreed work standards, with minimum supervision
- Appreciation of confidentiality requirements within the workplace.
- Ability to make accurate, logical and considered judgements
- Experience of providing high level business management support at senior management level.