Permanent General Manger
A parish church based in East London are offering a post for a Parish General Manger. The parish consists of a community centre, a church /activity centre and a privately let house. The parish is currently going through an operations review and church restoration. This is an opportunity for a talented individual to take control and help shape the operation
Salary: £27,000 p/a
Hours: 30 hours a week (Flexible working)
Must have a DBS check on the updated service or be willing to obtain one.
Our client is looking for a General Manager to undertake a hands-on approach to developing the day to day operations at the Church and Community Centre and the parish church building. This is an exciting opportunity for someone to take the lead, and work with the Parochial Church Council to enhance operations, raise the facilities profile and increase lettings / activities. The position will have a team of one fulltime community engagement officer and volunteers
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To manage and administrate an operating Parish Office to ensure the facilities and buildings are being utilized in a cost effective manner with the view to grow usage of these facilities.
- To ensure all buildings are maintained to a high standard
- To manage, work and liaise with the Community Engagement Officer.
- To be responsible for issuing invoices and chasing payments for all lettings of the parish’s buildings and to work closely with the Treasurer in the preparation of monthly and annual accounts.
- To answer enquiries about building hire and Parish matters.
- To assist the Vicar in weekly administrative duties
- To manage Parish staff that report to you and ensure regular review meetings take place.
- To recruit volunteers for tasks in the church and to oversee a rota of volunteers
- To undertake such other tasks as may be reasonably expected within the scope and grade of the post at the request of the Churchwardens to ensure Parish objectives are met.
- Educated to at least A Level standard, also with a tertiary degree qualification, or commensurate senior level career experience
- Proven track record to demonstrate managing lettings, finances, maintenance and administration for a hall or church or similar organisation.
- Good verbal and written skills with all personnel.
- Excellent MS Office skills
- An understanding of the Church of England and its structure
- ChurchDesk or equivalent system for central administrative functions
If you feel you have the relevant skills and experience for this role then please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a covering letter supporting your application.