Unit Coordinator for Hackney Council. Must have strong minute taking skills!!!!!
Position is in the Children in Need Service supporting a busy Family Support Unit. Applicant will require strong minute taking skills and need to demonstrate previous experience in this task.
1. Experience of managing competing priorities and demands, work methodically and think systematically to achieve targets and meet deadlines.
2. Knowledge of statutory requirements of Children’s Social Care and an understanding of the priorities, context and sensitivity of the service provided to vulnerable children and their families.
3. Knowledge of the Data Protection Act and the need to respect the confidentiality of vulnerable children and their families.
4. Good organisational skills and the ability to create and sustain systems to co-ordinate work processes.
5. Customer focussed with excellent communication skills including the ability to deal with members of the public and staff in a sensitive and appropriate manner.
6. Ability to understand and retain information about children’s cases including the roles of different agencies in meeting the needs of vulnerable children and their families.
7. Ability to be creative and solution orientated when coordinating and organising tasks through influence rather than authority.
8. Ability to coordinate and accurately track the spend of the Unit.
9. Ability to be flexible in approach and work as part of a team.
10. Ability to produce well written reports and documents, including summarising information about children and families and to write letters to members of the public and other agencies.
11. Computer literacy and the skills necessary to work with information management systems and all Microsoft Office packages to produce good quality data in a variety of formats. The ability to work with software packages at a speed commensurate with the responsibilities of the role.
12. A satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) disclosure at enhanced level is required